No video play back after upgrading from F12 to F13

Luming Yu luming.yu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 03:04:25 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 7:16 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 13:18 +0800, Luming Yu wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> After yum upgrade from f12 to f13, I see the video play back stop
>> working (play back window is black and the progress bar seems to be
>> always at 0)  with banshee and totem.  Flash player plug-in in FF
>> still works as before.
>>
>> Any suggestions to the problem?
>
> Well, Xv isn't working, apparently. Need much more info. What graphics
> card?
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82Q35 Express
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation 82Q35 Express Integrated
Graphics Controller (rev 02)

What driver is in use? Is it the same driver as was in use for
> F12? Do you happen to be using an intel or nvidia video adapter and

i915                  272088  2
drm_kms_helper         23936  1 i915
drm                   169073  3 i915,drm_kms_helper

>have
> the 'nomodeset' parameter set?

Not in kernel parameter , how to know it is set?