Hey Presto!

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 09:16:14 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 10:26 +0200, Michael Schroeder wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 06:48:44PM +0300, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> > I would like to allow deltarpm to split both old and new rpms into block
> > and delta each block separately, but it would involve some very creative
> > reworking on how deltarpm uses pseudo-files for all of it's work (see
> > cfile.[ch] for the pseudo-file structure).
> >
> > I don't know if that's clear enough, feel free to ask if it's not.
>
> Uh, my plan was to just change makedeltarpm.c and delta.c, what
> do you want to change in cfile.c?

Sorry, I should have clarified.  I don't think cfile.c needs changing.
It does seem to me that we would have to run separate mkdiffs for each
block that we would delta, which, from what I remembered from the last
time I looked at this code, would involve opening and closing separate
cfiles for each block.  Having said that, I've just scanned the code in
makedeltarpm.c, and I'm not sure why I thought that.

Anyhow, you know this code far better than I do, and I didn't get much
beyond the initial "this is not going to be trivial" assessment (at
least for me).

Jonathan