pxkxc - a simple utility to boot a PXE target with kexec

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Jun 22 00:02:27 UTC 2010

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 16:50:06 +0300
Marko Myllynen <myllynen at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> announcing pxkxc - a simple utility to boot a PXE target with kexec.
>
> pxkxc combines the simplicity of PXE and the power of kexec to allow
> booting of any kernel/initrd image from a PXE server without the need
> for HW support, boot images, or even rebooting the system. For
> example, one can initiate Fedora installation from BFO without any
> boot media.

Cool. This looks interesting...

Have you considering setting up proper hosting for it at perhaps
fedorahosted.org ?
see: https://fedorahosted.org/web/new

What distros ship with kexec support enabled these days?
Most of them?

A nice clean wiki page showing how to download, how to install (and
list any prereqs) and run it might be good.

It should be pretty simple to package up for fedora... but I think
the best use would be other distros.

kevin