move libusb from /usr/lib to /lib

Chen Lei supercyper1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 17:34:40 UTC 2010

2010/6/23 Jan Vcelak <jvcelak at redhat.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to move libusb library from /usr/lib to /lib.
>
> Some services might require the library when /usr is not mounted. e.g. nut
> (UPS management daemon, bz #453704) needs it at shutdown time.
>
> If course, I would like to refrain from any trouble it can bring. If you
> think, that moving the library is a bad idea, or that it will break your
> package, please, let me know.
>
> I'm going to move libusb and libusb1 as well. And I will create symlinks in
> /usr/lib for them.
>
> The bug is already filed for this, #519716.
>
> Any comments and suggestions are welcomed.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Jan
> --
You can simply move all *.so.* files to /%{_lib}, then create symlinks
in /usr/lib for *.so files in -devel subpackage.

See
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/rpminfo?rpmID=2025071
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/rpminfo?rpmID=2025072

Also, you need notice libguestfs maintainer first, because this change
will break this special package.

Regards,
Chen  Lei