Plan for tomorrow's FESCo meeting (2010-06-22 at 19:30 UTC)

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Jun 22 19:51:40 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 15:43 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 15:30 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the FESCo
> > meeting tomorrow at 19:30UTC (3:30pm EDT) in #fedora-meeting on
> > irc.freenode.net.
> >
> > = Followups =
> >
> > #topic #351 Create a policy for updates - status report on implementation
> > https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/351
>
> It occurred to me that QA may not have given you much if any feedback on
> this for a while. I haven't followed the FESCo logs closely, but if it
> helps as info for tomorrow's meeting, QA has been working on the proven
> testers system. There is now a proven testers policy in place:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/JoinProvenTesters
>
> and we are working on instructions for proven testers:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dafrito/Draft_proventesters_instructions
>
> so things are progressing well on that side. As far as we can see, we're
> now waiting on release engineering to 'flip the switch' in Bodhi so that
> critpath package updates require proven tester feedback, as they did for
> F13 prior to release. The mechanisms for the testing to actually happen
> are now pretty much in place.

Thanks for the proventesters update Adam!

With regards to providing a public AutoQA instance ... thanks to the
infrastructure team, the public AutoQA instance is coming online.  There
are a few more tasks needed to close this out, but it's progressing
nicely thanks to smooge and mmcgrath.

      * https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2230
      * https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2242

With regards to to automating the package update acceptance plan [1] ...
there continue to be a lot of moving parts.  Progress is being TRAC'd
against several milestones.  The initial focus is on the following
items:

      * depcheck test and event watcher -
        https://fedorahosted.org/autoqa/milestone/autoqa%20depcheck
      * Using disposable virtual guests as test clients -
        https://fedorahosted.org/autoqa/milestone/Virtualization
      * Provide a front-end for viewing test results -
        https://fedorahosted.org/autoqa/milestone/Resultdb

Thanks,
James

[1]