move libusb from /usr/lib to /lib

Roberto Ragusa mail at robertoragusa.it
Thu Jun 24 18:38:27 UTC 2010

Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Richard Hughes wrote:
>> On 23 June 2010 09:50, Tomasz Torcz <tomek at pipebreaker.pl> wrote:
>>> “/sbin/upsdrvctl is used as the near final step in /etc/init.d/halt to command
>> That's completely bogus. You really don't want to just power down the
>> machine like that -- it might lead to disk corruption and is certainly
>> not a good idea for a server with a huge power load.
>>
>> I really don't think we want this feature in Fedora.
>>
>> Richard.
>
> You're misunderstanding what this does. It doesn't cut power to the
> computer while its on. The process looks something like:
>
> - nut signals the UPS to shut down in x seconds (default 120)
> - nut halts the machine
> - after x seconds the UPS shuts down

If the timeout is configurable, wouldn't be a reasonable option to
move the command away from the final seconds and use a larger timeout?

I mean, if the timeout is 5 minutes, the system has 5 minutes to
shut down everything. It will probably do everything in 1 minute
and poweroff. After additional 4 minutes the UPS will power down.
I suppose these 4 minutes of "no-load" are not an issue.

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it