rpath handling

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 15:25:55 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 08:43:35AM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > So... AFAIK, libtool does solve this which is why I'm wondering why you're
> > seeing this.  Is the package that's giving you problems checked into the
> > rawhide cvs right now?
>
> What changed is simply that I'm using my script "fedpkg-vcs" to inject
> a git snapshot into the spec file.  Because the git tree does not
> contain pre-built documentation (unlike tarballs) I must run gtk-doc.
> So that's why it wasn't seen up until now.
>
> > Ah -- that sounds better.  I'm still not sure why it's needed at all.
> > though.
>
> Why stripping the rpath is needed?  Or why I'm trying to make this
> change in the glib2 spec file?  If the latter - it's simple, I'd like
> to "upstream" as much of my work to automate building from git as
> possible so I don't need to have forked specfiles just to create
> testing RPMs.

None of the above.  Why libtool isn't handling this rpath (and the binaries
created during the build process) correctly when it does in other software.

So if you have the package somewhere I can help you debug the libtool issue
and see if we need to do this, if there's a new libtool bug, or if there's
an issue in the way gtk-doc-scanobj is being built in the package.

-Toshio