move libusb from /usr/lib to /lib

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Sat Jun 26 21:10:38 UTC 2010

Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Simo Sorce <ssorce at redhat.com> said:
> > Ideally your UPS is smart enough to sense when the load drops to 0,
> > and do whatever it needs to do w/o system intervention of any sort. If
> > your UPS can't do that, maybe it is time to look for alternatives :)
>
> That's nice if you only have a computer plugged into the UPS (even then,
> the load will never go to 0, due to ATX standby current).  However, here
> in the real world, I have a router, switch, DSL modem, monitor,
> speakers, etc. on my UPS.

There exist a certain kind of power strips where you plug the computer into a
special controlling outlet, and all the peripherals into the other outlets.
When the current drawn through the controlling outlet drops below an
adjustable threshold, it cuts off power to the other outlets. If you'd put such
a device between your UPS and your computer equipment, the UPS would then
sense (if it has this feature) that the load has dropped to a very low value.

Björn Persson