libjpeg-turbo conflicts in rawhide

Rich Mattes richmattes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 03:31:45 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a package that has a BuildRequires: libjpeg-devel in
Rawhide [1].  I get a message in root.log that libjpeg-turbo-devel
obsoletes libjpeg-devel, so yum pulls in libjpeg-turbo-devel instead.
Unfortunately, when it pulls in dependencies for my other BuildRequires,
it's trying to pull in libjpeg and libjpeg-turbo, and I get a conflict
since they both provide libjpeg.so.62.0.0

The only thing I can think of is that one of the packages I'm requiring
has an explicit dep on libjpeg (I'm about to investigate which).  For
the time being, is there any to work around this?

Thanks,

Rich

[1]: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2282066