Feature Request: nsupdate-gss

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Wed Jun 30 11:01:04 UTC 2010

On 06/29/2010 05:27 PM, Trever L. Adams wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if someone would be willing to package
> http://samba.org/~tridge/junkcode/tsig-gss/ and maybe work with the
> ddclient people to add support for adding A and AAAA records with this.
> (I do not know if bind shipped in Fedora has the tsig updates or not,
> but it should.) If possible, can this be modified to do reverse DNS
> setup as well and have ddclient do that setup as well?
>
> I have attached my beginning of a spec file. I cannot tell you if it is
> any good or not.
>
> Thank you for whoever is willing to pick this up.
>
> Trever

I'm not sure what the utility of this is. nsupdate in Fedora already has
support for GSS-TSIG.

For an example of its use,
http://freeipa.org/page/Dynamic_updates_with_GSS-TSIG#Configuring_the_client

Does this nsupdate-gss feature do something that standard nsupdate does not?

--
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761

Delivering value year after year.