libjpeg-turbo conflicts in rawhide

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 30 15:11:02 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 10:04 -0400, Rich Mattes wrote:

> So this is a bug with yum not handling package obsoletes correctly
> when it processes the libjpeg.so.62 dep for graphviz?

 I suspect the problem is that libjpeg-turbo does not _provide_ libjpeg.
So yum does:

1. pkg XYZ requires libjpeg

2. The provider for that is the libjpeg package.

3. The libjpeg package is obsoleted by libjpeg-turbo.

4. But, libjpeg-turbo doesn't provide "libjpeg", which is the
requirement we are doing all this for ... so ignore the obsolete and
install libjpeg.

James Antill - james at fedoraproject.org
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/whatsnew/3.2.28
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/YumBenchmarks