Bodhi 0.7.5 release

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Jun 30 17:48:12 UTC 2010

On 06/30/2010 06:34 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On 6/30/10 9:31 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>> And you think re-allocating the already scarce manpower to this process
>> will help?
>> I am having very strong doubts on this.
>>

> One of the big reasons the manpower was "scarce" is we did not have a
> proper system to locate, train, and promote new people into this
> "manpower".  The QA team has made great strides into fixing that and we
> do now have a process in place, and a good stream of incoming people
> willing to donate some time and effort to help the project.
My perception is: "marketing" has directed into a direction which drains
away man-power into an uncertain process whose only immediate effect is
bureaucracy, whose long term outcome is uncertain and who foundations
are very questionable, to say the least.

>  We are not
> just "hoping" that people will show up and test, we're actively building
> a community of people who will be dedicated to testing these things.
We will see - My opinon and expectation are very different from yours.