libjpeg-turbo conflicts in rawhide

Chen Lei supercyper1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 18:49:55 UTC 2010

2010/7/1 Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to>:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 12:10:11 -0500,
>  Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Another wrinkle here is both libjpeg and libjpeg-turbo existing in
>> rawhide/repo.  Shouldn't libjpeg get removed now?  Doing so should help
>> matters too.
>
> If someone looks at that, they might also want to look at dropping 'man'
> which is in a similar situation (obsoleted, but still hanging around).
> --

libjpeg should be removed before mass-rebuild, because libjpeg-turbo
provides: libjpeg-6b-47, the current libjpeg in the repo provides
libjpeg-6b-46. I think there are no perfect solution for
renaming/splitting packages, we should fix those broken dependencies
finally instead of staying on workaround.

Chen Lei