OT: fas-username vs. local username for fedora-cvs

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Mon Mar 1 20:26:19 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 09:09:08PM +0100, Alexander Boström wrote:
> mån 2010-03-01 klockan 20:13 +0100 skrev Till Maas:
>
> > But I wonder, how do you access CVS without this?
>
> You shouldn't need it. What happens if you don't have it?

It still seems to work. :-)

> CVS records the root location in the checked out copy, so you only need
> to supply a CVS root when doing cvs checkout and even then you don't

Just wondering, can I also make CVS record which CVS_RSH to use? For
Fedora I use a special one to keep the SSH connection open to speed up
things[0]. It probably works for other CVS projects, too, but luckily I
do not need to use any currently.

> need to set CVSROOT, you can just do "cvs -d :ext:foo at bar:/baz checkout
> gazonk". The fedora-cvs tool does set CVSROOT but it could just as well
> use -d instead.

Thanks, I did not know about fedora-cvs before, which also explains my
previous mail to this thread. :-)

Regards
Till

[0]