Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Mar 2 06:46:29 UTC 2010

Jesse Keating wrote:
> And without using some sort of repository for users to test things and
> provide feedback, how do you propose we distinguish between the two sets
> of updates there?

Hey, this is a strawman! I'm not saying updates-testing should go away. I'm
just saying there are valid reasons for pushing SOME updates directly to
stable. The updates which are susceptible of breaking things should NOT go
directly to stable, they are what updates-testing is for. (For example, we
NEVER push KDE version upgrades directly to stable, not even bugfix
releases. We only hit "push to stable" once we are confident we aren't
breaking things.) I just disagree with the claim that ALL updates are
susceptible of breaking things.

        Kevin Kofler