tor dependency insanity.

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Tue Mar 2 21:03:53 UTC 2010

Bill Nottingham (notting at redhat.com) said:
> > All the initscripts have huge and broken dependency chains.
> > E.g. assuming I would use the vanilla fedora 'initscripts' package, then
> > tor would still require[1] syslog, cpio, e2fsprogs, ethtool, mount, ...
> > although it does not log anything, does not extract/pack anything, does
> > not format a filesystem, does not configures network interfaces nor
> > mounts something.
>
> Thanks for the bug report! Oh wait, you didn't.

In any case, looking over the variety of dependencies in initscripts, I've
removed a few:

- syslog - this isn't *required*, as the system boots without it
- mount (as it's provided by util-linux-ng)
- popt (runtime library, should never have been listed)
- e2fsprogs (anaconda will install the proper FS utilities for the root
  filesystem)

So, the next release in rawhide will be better.

Bill