Worthless updates

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Wed Mar 3 02:40:19 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> It took me all of about 2 minutes to find a worthless pending update for
> Fedora 11.

Before we get into this, do we have any consensus on empirical
standards for determining what a "worthless" update is?  Judging by
the vigorous commentary on this list, I suspect that while many would
agree with you, and just many others would disagree with you as to the
merits of this update.

Also...  It might not hurt to pick less pejorative language, as it's
very easy to take offense at one's work being called "worthless".
e.g. I don't use KDE, but I certainly don't consider the amazing
amount of work the KDE SIG puts in "worthless" -- anything but, in
fact.

                                  -Chris
--
Chris Weyl