Refining the update queues/process [Was: Worthless updates]

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 3 13:47:13 UTC 2010

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> So far, I haven't seen any indication of such a team being in existance
> (c.f. dnssec-conf, kernel) nor am I aware of any means for testing such
> perl-modules (perl-modules typically are equipped with a testsuite).
>
> The real testing is performed by Fedora users, them providing feedback
> and maintainers letting user feedback flow back into packages ASAP.

That's exactly the provlem. The qa team hasn't had the time to do so and
the explosive set of updates makes it difficult to keep a handle on.

Slowing them down and collecting them is to help that exactly.

> Feel free to think so, however can not disagree more.

Ralf, we've never agreed on much of anything. Why should this be
different?

> Or differently: The key to QA would not be bug-fixing, but to prevent
> bugs from entering Fedora - This is where Fedora has deficits.

That's exactly the point, Ralf, We need to let the QA team work on
problems in updates-testing and weed out the bogons and crap that find
their way in. It also means more time for autoqa to work it's magic.

-sv