[HALL-MONITORED] Update threads are now hall-monitored

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Wed Mar 3 21:44:55 UTC 2010

On 03/03/2010 04:40 PM, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> On 03/03/2010 04:30 PM, Doug Ledford wrote:
>> So while I agree that some of the posts where people are simply
>> attacking other people need to stop, I can't agree that this thread has
>> reached a stage where it is advisable to stop constructive discussions.
>>  I would argue that it's necessary to continue constructive discussions
>> in order to reach the stage where a wiki page and proposals makes sense.
>
> I would say that the next steps should be one (or more) of the following:
>
> * A proposal to adopt a more stable update cycle
> * A proposal to adopt a more semi-rolling update style
> * A hybrid proposal which deals with both cases
>
> If you would like to write a proposal on those items (or any other
> improvement related to updates management) and then start a new thread
> focused on constructive discussion and honing of said proposal, I would
> have no quarrel with it.

Well, I *did* make a barebones proposal towards the third option in the
thread in question, and I intended to work some more on it (in a
constructive manner).  But, I can put it in a new thread if you like.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194

Infiniband specific RPMs available at