[HALL-MONITORED] Update threads are now hall-monitored

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 23:14:16 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 04:44:55PM -0500, Doug Ledford wrote:
> On 03/03/2010 04:40 PM, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> > On 03/03/2010 04:30 PM, Doug Ledford wrote:
> >> So while I agree that some of the posts where people are simply
> >> attacking other people need to stop, I can't agree that this thread has
> >> reached a stage where it is advisable to stop constructive discussions.
> >>  I would argue that it's necessary to continue constructive discussions
> >> in order to reach the stage where a wiki page and proposals makes sense.
> >
> > I would say that the next steps should be one (or more) of the following:
> >
> > * A proposal to adopt a more stable update cycle
> > * A proposal to adopt a more semi-rolling update style
> > * A hybrid proposal which deals with both cases
> >
> > If you would like to write a proposal on those items (or any other
> > improvement related to updates management) and then start a new thread
> > focused on constructive discussion and honing of said proposal, I would
> > have no quarrel with it.
>
> Well, I *did* make a barebones proposal towards the third option in the
> thread in question, and I intended to work some more on it (in a
> constructive manner).  But, I can put it in a new thread if you like.

Note, you might find this useful in that:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_Lifecycle(draft)

Attempt to define goals (semi-rolling vs "QA'd" [The more stable style]) as
well as the various pieces that we can affect to implement those goals

and:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_Lifecycle_Proposals

Several people have made proposals which are listed here.  I know of several
others (for instance, jresnik's proposal for different F-Current and
F-Current-1 update styles) and your own.

-Toshio