Problem with openoffice yum update

Kalev Lember kalev at smartlink.ee
Thu Mar 4 10:27:39 UTC 2010

On 03/04/2010 12:17 PM, Quentin Armitage wrote:
> I cannot do a yum update of openoffice on F-13 RC4 with the
> updates-testing repo enabled. There seems to be an inconsistency around
> the dep checking, with it wanting both the old and new versions of
> openoffice.org-langpack-en. It is attempting to update from version
> 3.2.0-12.8.fc13.i686 to 3.2.0-12.9.fc13.i686.

I have recently experienced various upgrade problems which were fixed by
cleaning yum metadata. Apparently there's "metadata_expire=7d" set in
F-13 fedora.repo, but not in fedora-updates-testing repo. That makes yum
skip metadata refreshes in one repo, whereas the other one gets updated.

Maybe your problem can also be solved by "yum clean metadata"?

--
Kalev