Harmless KDE feature upgrades - yeah right

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 14:18:30 UTC 2010

On 03/04/2010 07:27 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> That said, IMHO the best solution is still to have this stuff in the
> official updates. But it's true that the kind of issues some users are
> having with KDE 4.4 are unfortunate. This particular Akonadi issue hasn't
> shown up during testing or it would have been considered a blocker.

The whole point is that you will invariably find such breakage when
pushing updates like this *after* the release and this is precisely why
there are huge discussions on this topic and sooner you realize that no
matter how careful you are you only increase the risks by doing such
updates mid-release the better off we are towards a reasonable level of
compromise

Rahul