Upcoming Bugzilla Changes

TK009 john.brown009 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 03:53:54 UTC 2010

Greetings

I hope everyone is well. With the worst of the “snowpocalypse" behind us
(here in the Northern Hemisphere) and the branching of Fedora 13, there
is a bit of ‘spring cleaning’ the the bugzappers need to do.  This
e-mail is designed to
let you know about the upcoming bugzilla changes happening around March 9, 2010
(Rawhide bug rebase) and what you need to do, if anything.

We will be automatically changing the version all rawhide bugs to Fedora 13.
This will result in regular bugs reported against rawhide during the Fedora 13
development cycle being changed to version ‘13' instead of their
current assignment,
‘rawhide’.   This is to align with the branching of Fedora 13 from
rawhide and to more
accurately tell where in the lineage of releases the bug was last reported.

Note that this procedure does not apply to bugs that are against component
‘Package Review’ or bugs that have the ‘FutureFeature’ or ‘Tracking’
keywords set.
They will stay open as rawhide bugs indefinitely.

If you do not want your bugs changed to version ‘13‘, add the
FutureFeature keyword.
If you need help changing a large amount of bugs manually, we’d be
glad to help.
Stop by #fedora-bugzappers on irc.freenode.net and we’ll help you.

More about these processes is here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/HouseKeeping

“Rock It !"
Edward Kirk