To semi-rolling or not to semi-rolling, that is the question...

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Mar 5 05:46:01 UTC 2010

Till Maas wrote:
> F13 updates will be supported until F15 Alpha is created, so
> everyone has a about a three month update window to get from FN-updates to
> F(N+1)-updates or F(N+1)-updates-stable.

FN-updates to F(N+1)-updates-stable is unlikely to work, because FN-updates
will be including stuff which is only in F(N+1)-updates, not F(N+1)-updates-
stable.

(And FWIW, I'd call them "conservative" rather than "stable", I don't like
the implication that the other stream would be "unstable", which to most
users means "crashy".)

        Kevin Kofler