Refining the update queues/process [Was: Worthless updates]

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Mar 5 17:11:10 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 18:01 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> It doesn't change anything, though. No feedback => nothing to rely on.
> These recent discussions on this list could have been fruitful, btw.
> For some people it has become a game of "I'm right - you aren't",
> unfortunately.

Nothing like that. It just frustrates me when people don't debate
correctly. (Yes, there is a correct way to debate - take a philosophy
class). Replying to my post in which I said something, cutting out the
bit where I said it, and then saying the same thing as if it contradicts
what my post said - what does that achieve, exactly? Again, I already
acknowledged that the current process does not notice all problems in
candidate updates. All I've said is that it _does_ notice some problems,
and the fact that an update has 0 feedback is not an indication that
no-one has tried it and checked it doesn't make their system blow up.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey