Handling Rawhide

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Mar 6 01:34:06 UTC 2010

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Everytime I push a new update for Fedora 13 I am also now committing and
> building in Rawhide and I am wondering if that is necessary or what
> would the best way to avoid repetitiveness?   Would the buildsystem
> inherit whatever is the newer version in between these branches?

I there is no existing F14 build for that package or if they're all manually
untagged from dist-f14, then the dist-f13-updates-candidate build will
indeed be inherited upon being pushed to dist-f13 (stable). (Candidate or
testing tags don't get inherited.) That said, it may have broken
dependencies. If it uses any library whose soname has been bumped in
Rawhide, that soname dependency will be broken in an inherited build.

        Kevin Kofler