Update question: some user data

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sun Mar 7 00:03:03 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-03-07 at 03:58 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 03/07/2010 12:34 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > I thought to myself yesterday, 'what this long and fractious thread
> > about update policy *really* needs is some unscientific and
> > controversial numbers'. =) So, I ran a forum poll! Everyone loves those,
> > right?
> >
> > Here it is: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=241710
> >
> > No, the voting numbers aren't huge, but it's still some kind of data. I
> > can promote the poll to the forum front page to try and get more input,
> > if desired.
> >
> > What do people make of this?

> I have promoted the poll to the front page in an effort to gather more
> numbers and the stats are beginning to look different and if you want a
> better measurement you can post in your blog and to the user mailing
> list etc and gather more votes

I intentionally didn't post in my blog (and asked others not to post to
theirs) because it's possible - likely, in fact - that readers of any
one person's blog will be skewed somewhat to one side or the other (to
pick an obvious example, reader's of Kevin's blog would be mostly KDE
users and likely to skew to the adventurous side of the question). I
thought the best reliability we could get is to avoid having the poll
promoted outside the forums if possible. User mailing list would be
fine, though, please do post a link there!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey