Another great update

Michał Piotrowski mkkp4x4 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 11:25:27 UTC 2010

2010/3/7 Thomas Janssen <thomasj at fedoraproject.org>:
> 2010/3/7 Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4 at gmail.com>:
>> 2010/3/6 Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora at gmail.com>:
>>> The numbers 11, 12 should only indicate the core
>>> components revision number .
>>
>> I'm not convinced to this philosophy. I have used a few Linux distros
>> in past 11 years, and this is something new to me...
>>
>> I hope that RHEL 6 will be released soon, Fedora 11 is going to be too
>> bleeding edge for me ;)
>
> Well, sorry, but you clearly state that Fedora is something new to you
> and you don't like the philosophy.

No, I clearly state, that this "new way" described by Orcan is
something new to me (and I not really convinced to this).

RH6 was my first distro and I'm using mostly RedHat things since then.

> So why don't you use something that
> fits your needs like CentOS 5 as you mentioned RHEL 6 but rather try
> to make something out of Fedora that Fedora isn't? Or become familiar
> with what Fedora is and stands for.

The same version numbers for stable version and previous stable
version is not a Fedora way that I know. I used Fedora since FC5 and I
wasn't aware about such plans.