PROPOSAL: Fedora user survey

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Tue Mar 9 04:57:09 UTC 2010

Folks,

I will propose this to FESCo through their normal channels.

My proposal is that we create a "Fedora User Survey" and create a link
on the fp.o website with a few very simple questions. One of those
questions would be what users think about the current update policy,
using plain (and as non-bias as possible) language to explain.

This isn't an attempt to undermine FESCo, but you have to remember that
users don't typically directly vote for FESCo or otherwise get involved
in big decisions like this that will affect them. The developers do
this, and we are motivated by our own experiences. While I'm not looking
to create another California referendum process for Fedora, I do think
occasional (maybe annual) surveys for user input would be useful.

Jon.