PROPOSAL: Fedora user survey

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Tue Mar 9 05:37:16 UTC 2010

On 03/08/2010 11:05 PM, Seth Vidal wrote:
> -1
>
> It sure looks like a californian referendum process. Let me make this
> abundantly clear: I have ZERO interest in developing a distro which is
> driven by mob vote of whomever happens to be on the internet.

Correct me if I am wrong, but right now the Fedora project knows little
to nothing about its user base as a whole from a scientific perspective.
Starting to gather user-generated (instead of system, such as smolt)
will be a benefit, IMHO. You could easily rm -rf the results in the end.
I'm not of the survey type either, but it would be interesting (to say
the least) to see if anyone would even take it.

Maybe as a reward for completion you get a custom-generated Fedora
wallpaper that has your answers as a mosaic.