Proposed udpates policy change

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 17:05:19 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 7:12 AM, Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Mar 2010, Karel Zak wrote:
>
>> It's not (only) about Linus. It's about working environment and
>> strong focus on technical things.
>>
>> Please, read:
>> http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/ManagementStyle
>>
>>> Yes, we don't have Linus here ;-) But usually I like his decisions - mostly
>>> strongly technical ones based on arguments = less politics.
>>
>> Yes, less politics.
>>

> Less politics? Seriously?
>
> man that's funny.

Its human nature. If people discuss things and someone's proposal gets
dissed/not added it gets listed as "politics and bureaucracy", if it
gets accepted "its meritocracy at its best." You see this a lot of
times on linux-kernel list (or in the sub-email lists). You also see a
heck of a lot of politics about where a patch needs to be fixed up to
be included. It just doesn't look like Fedora politics because its not
written down and does not have to be relied on ever again. [If Linus
wants one week of patches to be in the form of haiku and the next in
the form of sonnets.. well thats what people will produce.]

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning