Meeting summary/minutes for 2010-03-09 FESCo meeting

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Mar 10 12:00:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 06:47:00AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:

> "We shouldn't be held hostage to various threats.  We shouldn't be afraid to
> try something because a vocal few are ranting against it."
>
> I could, of course, be very wrong.  However threatening to leave the project
> if various things aren't done exactly one's way isn't very respectful either.

I personnally think that both are ok. Since it is free software and
many people are benevolent, having people threaten to use their time
differently if something isn't done their way is ok, in my opinion,
since it is t e only credible threat for benevolent people to have an
effect on decisions. Voting is the other way, bt nothing beats a credible
threat.

At the same time accepting that people leave when they are not ok with
the outcome of decisions isn't more unfair. People in FESCo/FAB should
integrate the risk of having people leave against the risk of having
other people leave and against what user will do and their objectives.

--
Pat