Meeting summary/minutes for 2010-03-09 FESCo meeting

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 10 12:55:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> I can agree with that last sentence in parts.  Please don't forget the
> order of incidents, however.  First the early-warning system with hundreds
> of messages and multiple threads, which made several packagers think "do
> they want to ruin the community packaging project?", and several expressed
> their criticism. *Afterwards* the more concrete proposals that ignored the
> criticism and provoked further reactions from packagers, since it is only
> natural that in project of volunteers that not everyone accepts the
> inevitable. In return, the FESCo and FPB member quoted above has opted for
> "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" tactics. With an additional blog
> entry. And another one attempted at public humiliation even.

Michael,

  Do you really think you're attitude has been respectful and helpful
throughout all the time. Do you consider history at all?

You've generated a lot of bad blood and hostility over the years (as have
I). Do you think we all just forgot about it? You've used the "well, if
you aren't going to do it my way then I'll not play" option over and over
in my memory.

-sv