Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Ewan Mac Mahon ewan at macmahon.me.uk
Fri Mar 12 01:33:26 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 03:59:46PM -0500, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:56:05 -0500
> Konstantin Ryabitsev <icon at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
> > (And if the answer is "backport the security fixes to 1.8.1" then I'm
> > afraid I don't really have the skills nor have the time to spend on
> > such massive effort).
>
> You can always find a co-maintainer skilled enough to help you in such
> rare cases... just saying.

The Fedora Objectives page[1] says: "In general, we prefer to move to a
newer version for updates rather than backport fixes". I know this is
what we're talking about, but it's not like we lack existing policy on
this - the idea that there's no direction to help maintainers do the
same things is not correct.

Ewan

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives