Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Fri Mar 12 07:42:28 UTC 2010

Dne 12.3.2010 02:24, Rahul Sundaram napsal(a):
> I disagree.  Imagining that we are living in a island where no software
> exists outside the repository is just delusional and the assumption that
> everyone has the bandwidth to deal with all that churn is wrong as
> well.  I should make people sit in a dial-up connection and have them
> update software now and then to bring them back to the ground.

Rahul, I used Debian, I know Debian, Debian was a friend of mine. I
don't want Fedora to be just yet another copycat of Debian. Please keep
it Fedora instead.

Matěj

P.S.: Reference is of course http://is.gd/aj75K

He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for
support, rather than illumination.
       -- Andrew Lang