Example of karma not being functional [Was:POSTUN scriptlet failure in rpm package cyrus-sasl]

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Mar 12 10:30:08 UTC 2010

On 03/12/2010 09:58 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Adam Williamson<awilliam at redhat.com>  writes:
>
>> The point is: this update *does* work.
A package which installs with errors does NOT work properly

>> The error message is non-fatal.
>> The software works. So what they claim is correct. What you claim is
>> also correct.
>
> If the user/group saslauth is not needed by cyrus-sasl, why has it been
> added in the first place?
Exactly. If the package "works properly" without specialized
user/groups, then something is wrong with it.

Finally: Yes, the package "works properly for me", because it's
disabled, not in use and only pulled in as mandatory installation bloat
by other packages ;)

Ralf