Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Mar 13 08:49:55 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 07:55 +0000, Frank Murphy wrote:

> Then why not change the way Fedora is presented in the release notes.
> (said in half jest yesterday, by myself)
> That to keep Fedora fully updated
> "A highspeed internet connection is recommended"
>

> No, I'm not trying to help create a two-tier community.
> Just maybe thinking on something.

I don't think it'd make sense to do that until the present issue is
settled, and we have some hard numbers on the overall quantity of
updates shipped for Fedora 13 onwards. But at present, heck, it probably
wouldn't be wrong. The amount of updates shipped for F12 would be very
painful to download over a dial-up line, I think.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey