Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 16:52:31 UTC 2010

On 03/14/2010 10:20 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>
>> So the right solution is to let you do your own disruptive changes in
>> stable so you don't have to deal with other people disruptive changes in
>> rawhide?
>>
> "My" changes, or really KDE SIG's changes, are NOT disruptive.

I am sorry but that has been proved to be not true multiple times in the
past.  It is not the question of your dedication or the amount of work
you put into it. Really, you cannot expect to push such major changes
and not cause regressions for some users at the best.  We have done
reasonably well at times but it has always been a risky proposition.

Rahul