Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 18:32:13 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-03-14 at 19:07 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > How many contributors are interested in only serving themselves? Is that
> > what we want to encourage?
>
> Contributors are what makes Fedora grow and advance as a project. Users are
> only benefitting from our (the contributors') work as a side effect.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

hi,

I wouldn't refer to it as a "side effect". Contributors sure do think of
benefits to themselves and "yes", they certainly do make fedora grow.

BUT

Users are an important part of the community and I'm certainly
interested in serving them to increase the Fedora user base.

I wouldn't encourage the "contributors work for themselves, users are
not important and should be happy with what they get" attitude here.

--
regards,

Ankur
- FAS : ankursinha