Stable Release Updates types proposal (was Re: Fedora Board Meeting Recap 2010-03-11)

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Mar 14 23:28:55 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 07:07:53PM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
> > On 03/14/2010 10:13 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> >> Not a very credible one, given that those users are happily using Fedora
> >> as it is now!
> >
> > Can we drop the absolutes which are clearly not true? Some users clearly
> > are not.
>
> Yet they haven't left over it.

I'd rather you replace this with "I haven't noticed them leaving yet", I
think that might be more accurate. Fedora's user-base is somewhere in the
millions, it's hard to say what a particular user or even hundreds of users
do at any given time.

Especially the quiet ones. There are users that will file (the occasional)
bug reports but not know or care about the fedora forums or read the devel
list. The only way to notice they're not there anymore is when you get less
bug reports.

Cheers,
  Peter