Conflicts in latest update

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Mar 16 12:45:33 UTC 2010

Jon Masters wrote on 16.03.2010 13:04:
> On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 11:16 +0100, Matěj Cepl wrote:
>> Dne 16.3.2010 09:50, Ankur Sinha napsal(a):
>> > I did notice that. I wasn't sure why a package from rpmfusion would
>> > conflict with one from fedora repos. (It's in rpmfusion for a reason)
>> > Is it being obsoleted by a fedora package (license been cleared or
>> > something)?
>>
>> There are constantly modules moving between -good, -bad, -ugly packages
>> of gstreamer, and sometimes rpmfusion packages are not in sync with
>> Fedora ones. Give rpmfusion packagers some time to fix it (or join them
>> and help to fix it on your own).
>
> I'd just add those gstreamer packages to my exclude config in yum for
> the moment, if you don't want to deal with the breakage each time. Then
> you can remove those excludes when the repos catch up with each other.
>
> /etc/yum.conf:
>
> exclude=gstreamer-plugins-bad-free gstreamer-plugins-good

There are so many developers around on this list that know: reporting
bugs is the right way to get problems fixed and fixing things is way
better than posting workarounds to public places for various reasons --
nevertheless nobody filed a bug yet afaics  :-/

CU
thl

P.S.: A updated gst-plugins-bad package that afaik solves the problem in
question was pushed to the proper RPM Fusion repos one or two hours ago,
so there is no need to report a bug anymore afaics -- but people will
continue to see the problem for the next ~24 hours or so due to
mirror-lag and caching issues