Orphaning DR17 and EFL

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 17 08:13:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 2:02 AM, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 16.03.2010, 22:11 +0100 schrieb Thomas Janssen:
>
>> The real reason to get the packages orphaned is the continued
>> annoyance of cwickert on IRC (#fedora-de), trying to force me into the
>> role of the bad guy there, since he did not understand the problem,
>> even not in the FESCo Meeting from today. See the FESCo ticket to get
>> a hint of what was going on in #fedora-de.
>> https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/355
>> Trying to force anybody into pushing an untested release into F-13.
>> You can see that even in the Meeting log. Instead of let me do my job
>> as package maintainer. So i'm really sick and tired and give it away.
>>
>> Coming back to that social problem mentioned. The rel-eng ticket was
>> clearly mentioned in #fedora-de and even to cassmodiah (if i have to
>> upload backlogs, cassmodiah == boelkmoeller3), not just by me, but as
>> well by cwickert. Everything was talked about, as well what i want to
>> do.
>> The only social problem here was an arrogant and stubborn cwickert.
>> Sorry, but i can't stand a liar.
>
> Please don't call me a liar if you are not even telling half the truth:
>      * Several people - me included - repeatedly offered to their help
>        to fix the breakage that your co-maintainer caused. In order to
>        help you, they need details like build logs etc, but you even
>        refused to tell which packages are causing problems. We asked
>        you several times, but got no reply.

Did i ask for help? No. I asked upstream, that might be something new
to you that one can ask upstream as well. And i give a lot more of
what they tell me than what *you* tell me. And there's a reason for
it.

>      * You claim that two packages are broken, but according to Rudolf
>        everything does build fine and it's just a "trivial update".

I dunno how often i have to write it until you understand it. Seems to
me you're not reading at all.

>      * You claimed that you wanted to brief your co-maintainer and
>        explain him everything in detail. This never happened. The mail
>        you sent him is full of accusations, but no technical details.

Everything was explained in IRC, the same channel he's in, #fedora-de. Please..
Though i wrote him the email and told him again what i wanted to do.
I hope you recall that i sent the mail and i still have it around. Liar.

>      * You claimed that in order to update you needed new packages that
>        will not be ready in time for F13, while others confirmed the
>        stack does build with the packages that are currently in Fedora.

You want to read, what you quoted out, again. Since that is what i
claimed all day long.

>      * You had several weeks for testing, updates or submitting
>        reviews. None of this happened.

As i said. I was the packager. *You* don't have to tell me what to do.
And you never understood what i told you.

>      * In the trac ticket you claim that the update path was broken
>        through the embryo update. This is not true. There have been
>        broken deps for weeks, but not a broken upgrade path.

>      * Several neutral observers of the conversation in fedora-de#
>        today said you were argued illogical, e.g.
>      * You said you needed testers, but you refused to build the
>        packages at least in rawhide. Without packages there will be no
>        testers, simple as that.

No. I never said i need testers. I said *I* want to test it before i
offer it. Kinda different isn't it. If you dont like how i handle my
packages, that i first test stuff built locally and then push it to
repos, feel free to try to remove my packager status.

>      * You repeatedly insulted people (not only me) on IRC.

I insulted only *you*. Yes, yesterday i was giving you everything back
from the last weeks. I had to join #fedora-de again for it, but it was
worth it. Especially after this last post in the FESCo ticket and the
again started accusation in #fedora-de.

> If you refuse to answer a simple yes/no question and wont let people
> help you, then I really think there is a social problem.

Answer *you* a question i answered already about 10 times. But you
haven't understand yet, why would you in the future. So i refused to
answer the question again *but* pointed you to your backlogs where the
answer is multiple times.
Oh, i forgot, you wanted already an answer (especially yesterday in
#fedora-de for the rhetoric question if i sent a srpm and a buildlog
to che. I never asked him for help, i never needed the help from him
or you there, so why would i do that? Because you wanted so, because
you think you're the big boss there. Not for me :)

I'm sorry. but you *are* a liar. You proved it again that you don't
understand it like several times before. I really wonder how someone
like you made it into FESCo.

I already left #fedora-de because i can't stand your continued
annoyance started with the updates threads. Because we had different
meanings to it, and your "Mr. nose at all" with the DR17 and EFL
stuff. You poisoned the relationship (co-maintainership) between your
mate Simon and me.

All i want from you, is keep your nose out of my business. I never
requested anything from you, i don't need you or want anything from
you, so stay away from me.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium