F-13 Branched report: 20100317 changes

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Mar 17 21:25:51 UTC 2010

> > > This is unexpected behaviour of Fedora for me. Why is the package from
> > > F12 automatically added to the F13 repo? The current situation is, that
> > > I did not push fedora-easy-karma from testing to stable in F13, because
> > > fedora-packager >= 0.4.0 is still in testing there, but it is in stable
> > > in F12, which is why I only pushed it to stable for F12 now.
> >
> > dist-f13 inherits from dist-f12-updates so once something makes it to
> > F12 stable it will start showing up in F13.
>
> ... although we may be changing this behavior shortly. Jesse?
>
> Bill

ngggh.  I killed the inheritance for all the existing packages, but new
packages can still sneak through, as there is nothing already tagged in
dist-f13.

This is something of a difficult problem.  We want the packages and
ownership and other info to be inherited forward, just not the build
tags.  I'm going to have to think on this for a bit.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!