Stable Release Updates types proposal

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 14:40:19 UTC 2010

On 03/18/2010 07:56 PM, Terry Barnaby wrote:

> Although I am willing to help test, and have taken part in Fedora testing
> days, I personally feel that the current apparent climate in Fedora
> (frequent releases, pushing new features fast and perhaps now pushing
> updates more quickly) will make testing difficult and stability difficult
> to achieve and very hard work. I'm not sure I want to use significant
> amounts of my time battling that ....

You are conflating two different although related things.  Test days are
focussed on testing the features in the development branch so that the
general release is of good quality.  Update strategy will not affect it
in any way although it seems you have missed out Fedora Board's and
FESCo's proposals on update policies.  If that is the case, refer to

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Stable_release_updates_vision

Bill Nottingham's proposal to FESCo at

https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/351

If you are willing to help, you should coordinate with the QA team on
that but to have realistic expectations, such a feature in
Openoffice.org would not be a blocker for either OO.o upstream  or a
Fedora release at any time. Finding out regressions is useful
nevertheless.  We can document them better.

Rahul