Stable Release Updates types proposal

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Fri Mar 19 13:56:08 UTC 2010

On 03/18/2010 09:00 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> That's somewhat optimistic; no matter how much testing we do, we can
> only afford a certain amount of full-time developer muscle. The testing
> has helped to improve efficiency and direction of graphics development
> work, I think, but there's fundamentally a lot of work to do and only a
> limited amount of manpower to do it with.
>
> The X devs are always very happy to take new volunteers. :)

Although I have done a fair amount of X development work in the past,
unfortunately, as with most people, my volunteer time is in short
supply (I have a wife and kids to support :) ). So "in use" testing,
bug reporting and attempting the first pass bug searches is currently my
limit in Fedora.

If there were less churn in Fedora to cope with perhaps I and other
user/developers would have more unpaid volunteer time to devote to
actual development :)