Comaintainers or maintainers sought

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 15:19:35 UTC 2010

I changed jobs about a year ago and, as a result, no longer use a
number of packages that I maintain.  (No more Java programming for me;
I'm a C coder now, with a little bit of Common Lisp thrown in just to
keep things interesting.)  It would be good to have somebody who
actually uses these packages either maintain or comaintain them.  I
won't orphan them if nobody is interested; I'll do my best to keep
maintaining them.

If you are interested in comaintaining, just apply for permission in
pkgdb.  If you would like to maintain, let me know which packages and
I'll orphan them so you can pick them up.  In that case, also let me
know if you want me to stay on as comaintainer.  (I'm happy to answer
questions even if I don't comaintain.)

1. Findbugs packages: new releases about every 4-5 months.  We're in a long
   dry spell now leading up to a massively revamped 2.0.

   eclipse-findbugs
   findbugs
   findbugs-bcel
   findbugs-contrib (actually a separate project)
   jFormatString (no activity since initial October 2008 release)
   jcip-annotations (almost no activity since 2006)
   jsr-305

   Also, it would be good to package
   http://mojo.codehaus.org/findbugs-maven-plugin/.

2. PMD packages: new releases about every 1-2 months.  We're in a long dry
   spell now leading up to a massively revamped 5.0.

   emacs-common-pmd (upstream appears dead)
   pmd

   Also, it would be good to package more of these:
   http://pmd.sourceforge.net/integrations.html (the maven2 plugin is already
   packaged, just not owned by me)

3. Other packages

   idw-gpl: this was originally needed by findbugs, but isn't anymore.
            Repoquery says that nothing is using it, so I should probably
            orphan this package.
   latexmk: I don't use LaTeX anymore.  This was my first package (*sniff*).
   perl-Text-Aspell: last new version was released in Sep 2007.  This is
            required by acheck, moodle, perl-Text-SpellChecker, and xinha.

Thanks,
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/