Stable Release Updates types proposal

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 16:25:19 UTC 2010

On 03/26/2010 09:43 PM, Terry Barnaby wrote:
>> This isn't really true. Or at least, not a productive perspective for
>> improving Fedora. There are certainly a lot of bugs in the open drivers
>> shipped with Fedora, and there's a lot of work to do to fix them all. I
>> sent my own reply to Terry explaining how we're handling this at
>> present, but just waving the 'it's all NVIDIA's fault' stick at the
>> problem won't make it go away :)
>>
> One little point I noticed recently. I was watching and testing
> a package released by Fedora. I was having some email conversations with
> some of the upstream developers of that package at the time.
>
> >From what I noticed, there did not seem to be much communication between
> the Fedora packagers and the upstream developers.

That is unlikely to be the general case. You seem to be extrapolating
from a single instance.  Fedora on the whole has a policy to work
closely with upstream.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers#Inform_Upstream

I sometimes forget as well and not surprised there would be instances
where upstream is not informed.

Rahul