Upstream bugs vs. Fedora bugs: KDE people do it wrong

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed Mar 31 16:29:12 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 07:15:30PM +0300, Juha Tuomala wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> > Unfortunately our ticketing tool doesn't do a great job at this, as we
> > can't take one ticket and mark multiple release branches it affects
> > and which of those release branches the fix is provided.
>
> that's why there is 'clone' functionality. Use it.

Cloning is imho not really helpful, because it also separates the
comments for each bug, e.g. if a bug affects a certain version of a
package that is available in all Fedora releases, than probably all
comments except for the comments regarding only the update for a certain
release need to be mirrored manually to the other bugs afaik. And this
will only cause huge mail spam, because all (co-)maintainers would
receive every comment up to 4 times for Fedora.

Regards
Till