Upstream bugs vs. Fedora bugs: KDE people do it wrong

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Mar 31 20:11:35 UTC 2010

> I would suggest proposing those changes you have in mind to dkl,  There
> is a internal bugzilla list.

The problem is this isn't an area where I can be terribly constructive;
I can point at the problem but I've nothing to offer in the way of a
solution, as I'm not a coder, nor a Bugzilla architect. I can draw
pie-in-the-sky pictures of Teh Awesome Bugtracking System, if you like,
but I've no real idea how they map to the realities of what's achievable
within the constraints of Bugzilla. Remember RH now has a policy of
diverging as little as possible from upstream Bugzilla, so any changes
we wanted to make would need to be something that upstream would accept,
we can't do significant modifications of Bugzilla purely in the RH
instance.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey