Res: Open Letter: Why I, Kevin Kofler, am not rerunning for FESCo

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon May 3 22:30:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 01:27 +0300, shmuel siegel wrote:
> At the risk of putting words into Kevin's mouth, I think that you just
> made his point. I'd be very surprised if Kevin couldn't get x number of
> people to say yes to a fix that he considered urgent. This might confirm
> that the fix had its expected consequence, but I think that he already
> knew that or he wouldn't be trying to push it to stable. It wouldn't say
> much for stability or edge cases, only a good regression suite would
> give confidence on that score.

The point here is that Kevin isn't perfect.  As such, he can make
mistakes, just like all of us.  By asking for a couple karma nods from
different people, we increase the chance of catching some of those
mistakes.  Since the delay exists anyway, it doesn't seem to be that big
of a deal to me to make sure a couple people test it and comment as such
during that delay.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!